 |
| Sophie with one of my favorite baby dolls from when I was a little girl |
This summer flew by! I was nervous about how I was going to keep our little ones busy this summer but the travel made the time fly. Once we returned from Charleston, we had little time to get back in a schedule and prepare for the start of school! I know it isn't real school for a one year and a three year old but its great socialization and a little bit of fun.
 |
| Sophie loves babies. She already has such motherly instincts. She loves to feed babies and burp them. I am not quite sure where she learned to burp babies on their backs because I never did that to her. |
The week before school started we went to the zoo to play at the splash park. Jack and Sophie love it there.
 |
| Sophie loves to follow Jack and calls his "Yack" all day long |
 |
| Jack loves running into the water falls. It is one of his favorite things to do at the zoo! |
 |
| Jack was super excited about the start of the new school year. He kept telling me that he was going to big boy school this year, and that Sophie was going to baby school. |
 |
| Jack totally amazed us with his ability to quickly potty train. He went from full diapers to no diapers even at night within 2 1/2 weeks. He is really proud of himself and tells us constantly how he is a big boy because he doesn't wear diapers and that Sophie is a baby because she does. He likes to list of all the things he can do because he is a big boy. |
 |
| Sophie @ 16 months |
 |
| Sophie is my independent child. She loves to do it her way. Although she is very self-sufficient, she is totally a momma's girl. She loves to come over to me and give me hugs and tell me "UP" She loves when I hold her. |
 |
| Sophie has started talking early. She loves to call for the dogs, Mommy, Daddy, Yack, eat, juice, cookie (a fave), pop pop are a few of her favorites. |
After our meet the teacher morning, I had a lot of nervousness about the start of Jack's school year. Jack wasn't joking when he called it big boy school. We were surprised to find out that we would be dropping him off in the carpool lane and a 6th grade escorted him to class, he had to go potty without being told and pull up and down his own shorts (A BIG DEAL for a 3 year old). He had to bring a backpack with his own snack and put it away in the mornings recognizing his own name and that we wouldn't have a lot of communication with the teacher. I am used to walking them in and chatting a bunch with the teacher. Carl even remarked that it reminded him more of kindergarten than pre-k 1. As Carl said, it was time for Jack to either sink or swim.
 |
JACK SWAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|
Jack amazed us with his independence. His new favorite phrase became "I can do it all by myself." Within two weeks of starting school, he was very self-sufficient. He had a can-do attitude and really surprised us with how fast he was growing up. He moved into a big boy bed without any problems and hasn't given us any trouble about wanting to escape. He recognizes it as a privilege that can be taken away. School really pushed Carl and me to help Jack become independent.
 |
| Jack on picture day! |
 |
| Sophie is in Ms. Hamilton's class. Jack had the same teacher for ELP 1. In typical Sophie fashion, she arrived to school the first day with a smile on her face and happily walked in to greet her teacher. She didn't cry when I left and never did at all that day. I was actually kind of sad that she wasn't sad to see me go. I know she is only one but I do think she really likes it there. They have a super cool kitchen, a kitchen table which she adores, and lots of other girls right around her age to play with!!! |
 |
| Jack's teacher this year is Ms. Kowald, and Ella is in his class this year so things are pretty terrific in Jack's book! |
 |
| Sophie loves to play in the backyard. She is constantly pointing and saying "outside." |
 |
| Jack is very happy because Sophie is starting to enjoy riding the lawn mowers with him. |
 |
| Nothing makes Jack and Sophia happier than a good pop pop!!! |
 |
| Sophie has such a way with Herme and George. I don't know if the dogs realize that the kids are just here to stay and deal with them or if they truly like them now. Sophie is very good about "dropping" food for Herme which means that he is now her new best friend! |
 |
| Both kids are good eaters. Jack is doing much better since we explained food=muscles. He still doesn't like bananas but adores all sorts of exotic things like olives, unusual cheeses, sushi, and all things pickled. He even asks me from time to time for olives. If I don't have them, he tells me that we should go to Italy's house to get them. Sophie is a hearty eater. She loves to eat just about everything. She is a little more reserved about the exotic foods though. One thing that both kids picked up in Italy is their love for fresh fruit. They like to bite into fruit and eat it whole. |
 |
| Sophie @ 17 months |
 |
| Look at those chubby little legs!!! |
 |
| Hanging out on a hot September day |
No comments:
Post a Comment